Bijoux Émaillés Diane Balit INC.
Diane Balit, enamelled watches
Diane Balit watches are unique and valuable works of art which testify to both the creativity and attention to detail of this Canadian artist with a world wide reputation Diane Balit excels in the art of creating art with a contemporary look using age old techniques. She paints miniatures on enamelled copper using delicate feathers and very ne brushes which are then red in high temperature ovens.
Diane Balit amazes and surprises both her regular customers and collectors looking for authentic creations. She has made a name herself during several international expositions in several cities including Paris, London, Florence, San Francisco and Las Vegas.
Diane Balit – for the pleasure of wearing a unique jewel which is a marriage of utilitarian and the intemporal beauty of art.
“I have been carrying out my profession of enameller (copper enamel) for over thirty years. I’m still passionate about my work, as there are always changing trends in my creations. I started out with jewellery and now watches fascinate me. The face of the watch,which is enamel, can be incorporated to a miniature frame,rendering the watch very precious and unique. My enamel is applied with a pen and requires no less than three firings per piece, each being inspired by my numerous trips as well as day-to-day experiences. I hope that my artistic approach will never wear out, and that there will always be something new.”
- Since 1985: Incorporation under the business name Bijoux Émaillés Diane Balit INC. Selling in numerous boutiques and galeries in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, British Colombia and New York.
- Since 1993: Selling in MÉTIERS D’ART DU QUÉBEC boutiques in Montreal and Quebec City.
- Since 2011: Corporate watches for all Commission scolaire de la Seignerie-des-Milles-Îles (CSSMI) retirees.
- Since 2007: Selling in the PARLIAMENT OF CANADA boutique.
Reproduction of the Parliament Building on the face of men’s and women’s watches.
- 2008: Selling in The Bay stores in Quebec. Reproduction of the Château Frontenac (for the 400th anniversary), on the face of men’s and women’s watches.
- 2007/2006: CANADIAN MUSEUM OF CIVILIZATION, Gatineau, QC, CA. Reproduction of poppies on the face of women’s watches, and scenes of war on the face of men’s watches.
- 2007: ROYAL BC MUSEUM, VICTORIA, BC, CA.
Reproduction of the TITANIC on pocket watches, for the Titanic exhibition in 2007.
- 2007: Sale for Quebec’s Commission des relations de travail.
- 2007: Sale – Magazine Image of Canada
- 1999: International Society Technology of Assessment in Health Care (ISTAHC). Promotional watches given to all presidents.
- 1998: Promotional watches handed out by Prime Minister Lucien Bouchard to Quebec athletes who excelled at the Nagano Olympic Winter Games.
- 1992: Caisses Populaires /Promotional watches.
- 1990: Ville Saint-Laurent / Promotional watches.
- 1987: Air Canada – Boutique Altitude / Catalogue selling / Jewellery.
- 1987: Air Canada – Duty-free shop, aboard airplanes, jewellery and watches.
- 1982/1984: Represented by Diffusion Actuelle, sales throughout Canada, jewellery
- Since 1976: Métiers d’art du Québec Specialty Show, Montreal, QC, CA.
- Since 1976: Canadian Craft Show, One of a Kind, Toronto, ON, CA (winter).
- Since 1976: Signature Show, Ottawa, ON, CA.
- Since 1981: Plein Art, Quebec City, QC, CA.
- 1988–2013: Salon du Cadeaux, Place Bonaventure, Montreal, QC, CA.
- Since 2007: Salon des Artisans, Quebec City, Centre de foires de Québec
- Since 2008: Canadian Craft Show, One of a Kind, Toronto, ON, CA (spring).
- 1990–2008: Summer booth boutique in Old Montreal, Montreal, QC, CA.
- 2006–2007: Art Market, Calgary, AB, CA.
- 2003–2010: Toronto Gift Show, hand-made section, Toronto, ON, CA.
- 2005: New York Jewellers Association, Jacob Javit Center
- 2005: Vancouver Gift Show, hand-made section, BC, CA.
- 1994–2005: Miami, Boca Raton, Tampa, Florida, USA (winter).
- 2000–2003: New York, Columbus Art Show, Manhattan, New York, USA.
- 2000: One Of a Kind Show, Chicago, USA.
- 1999: Florence, Italy, Mostra internatzionale dell’Artigionato.
- 1996–1997: Foire de Paris, Paris, France.
- 1996: Fashion Accessories Exhibition, New York, USA.
- 1995: Artisa, Grenoble, France.
- 1994–1992: Circle Craft, Vancouver, BC, CA.
- 1992: Rosen Show, Philadelphia, USA.
- 1990: Harvest Festival, San Francisco, USA.
- 1989–1986: Franco-Ontarian Fair, Ottawa, ON, CA.
- 1985: Jewellers Association, Chicago, USA.
- 1981: Canadian Jewellers Association, Toronto, ON, CA.
- Since 2007: Salon des Artisans, Quebec City, QC, CA (winter).
- 1978: Art gallery (solo) À l’Ombre du Clocher, Acadia, QC, CA.
- 1977: Le Salon de la Femme, Montreal, QC, CA.